Friday, March 25, 2005

Spring in the garden, spring in the step

The full moon today marks another milestone in spring's advance. A time, according to my gardening calendar, to plant root crops. It's also the right time to cut wood for certain things, and to cut hair so it will grow either more or less quickly, I forget which. Here the phases of the moon guide many many people in their everyday lives. I intend working my garden by the moon this year. My hair, well, I just cut it when I get around to it, usually when it starts to resemble a sheep just before shearing.

We've seen through another winter. It doesn't seem much, but it feels great. Now that the snow and cold is but a distant memory, the strength of feeling just gets stronger. It's a veritable eruption of energy and optimism. My garden, my partner in crime's new business, and the appearance of houses and farms for sale. Maybe our Project will take its next big step soon...

There is a time ...

No comments: